Local Help

Accessing Drug and Alcohol Services

If you or someone you care about is having a problem with drugs and/or alcohol, there are several ways to get help:

 Call or walk in (Mondav through Friday from 8am – 4pm):


Armstrong County residents: Family Services (724) 545-7867
Indiana County residents: The Open Door (724) 465-2605
Clarion County residents: CenClear (814) 226-4171


Local Treatment Providers will assist you with screening emergent care needs and possibly scheduling an assessment, whether you have insurance or do not have insurance. If you do not have health insurance and are in financial need, the Armstrong-Indiana-Clarion Drug & Alcohol Commission (SCA) may also help with funding for services.


If it is after regular business hours and it is a medical emergency, you should seek help at your local hospital ER.

If  you need help accessing Drug & Alcohol Services while at a local hospital (IRMC, ACMH, or Clarion Hospital), ask for a referral to the Addiction Recovery Mobile Outreach Team (ARMOT).

 If it is after regular business hours and NOT a medical emergency, and you need someone to talk to about drug and alcohol concerns, call:


Armstrong County residents: The Open Door Crisis Line 1-877-333-2470
Indiana County residents: The Open Door Crisis Line 1-877-333-2470
Clarion County residents: Center for Community Resources Crisis Line (814) 226-7223


If you have health insurance, including medical assistance, you have the option of calling the phone number on the back of your  insurance  card  to  find  out  how  to  access  drug  and  alcohol  services.   The card may say, “for Behavioral Health Services “or “for Drug and Alcohol Services” or “for Substance Abuse Services”.  Call the number provided.  Should you need assistance navigating your insurance, you may call one of the SCA Case Management Offices or local Drug and Alcohol Treatment Providers.


SCA Case Management Offices (Mon-Fri, 8-4): Armstrong (724) 545-1614
Indiana (724) 463-7860
Clarion (814) 226-6350

Local support groups, such as Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, AI-Anon (for family members) exist  in many locations, can be accessed free of charge and without any “membership” commitment. You can learn about what meetings exist in your area by calling the listing in your local phonebook. These meetings are also often Iisted in  the community section of the local newspaper . SCA Case Management Offices may also assist you with information about meetings in your community.

If you still need help finding out how to access Drug and Alcohol Services, you can call:

Armstrong-Indiana-Clarion Drug Alcohol Commission (SCA) (724) 354-2746 www.aidac.org
Department of Drug & Alcohol Programs 1-800-662-4357 (HELP) www.ddap.pa.gov